Drowning in Ether by weyakin
This particular piece is a painting that took me nearly three years to complete. I originally started it back in the beginning of 2005. I did not complete it until December of 2007. The space between the work made for an interesting experience as I could actually see a difference in the way I painted. My style of creating faces has changed some. The original face is the green one at the top, which I added to later to balance out the whole painting. The new face, created in 2007 is the bottom purple one.
The painting started as an experiment in textures. I threw a bunch of color down in splatters, puddles and streaks. This is the final result from that start. Various brushes, sponges, salt, water and fingers created the strokes of color.