Epilogue > Art Forum > Epilogue/The Site > The "What happened to my ...
Topic:

The "What happened to my account?" thread

[Last post]
3 posts / 0 new
Epilogue's picture

I'm creating this thread in anticipation of the inevitable questions regarding accounts and username changes.

Here's the deal: We only migrated the accounts of members who had submitted at least one artwork in the past (even if they had no approved artwork).

This means that if you never submitted any artwork to Epilogue, your account was NOT migrated to this new site, and you need to create a new account. This also means that if you only had a forum account, your account was NOT migrated.

Here's why we did it this way:

We did a terrible job of requiring 'safe' usernames in the last version of Epilogue. This came back to haunt us during the migration of content and accounts from the old site. Our new system requires properly formatted usernames. A number of members' usernames contained characters that were not compatible with this platform.

We also had a ton of old, fake, or spammy user accounts that we didn't want dirtying up our shiny new website.

Help! I can't access my account!

If you are having issues logging in to your account, please read this BEFORE creating a new account.

If your username contained characters like periods (.), underscores (_), or blank spaces ( ), those characters have been replaced by a dash (-). So, if your username was "bob.theartguy", "bob theartguy", or "bob_theartguy" on the old site, your username would now be "bob-theartguy".

Don't fret, we're confused too... best to just look up your last name in the artist directory and visit your profile page -- your username is listed there in parenthesis.

If you still can't find your username, but know you did have an account, you can contact us from the Support section and we'll help you out.

Do you need to create a new account? Answer this question to find out:

Have you submitted artwork in the past?
If yes, then no, your account should still exist.
If not, then yes, you need to create a new account.

silasoldo's picture

Well I did subnit art even though ut never was approved, I´ve been a follower of Epilogue for many years, how do i submit more work? Quest

Epilogue's picture
Quote:

Well I did subnit art even though ut never was approved, I´ve been a follower of Epilogue for many years, how do i submit more work? Quest

Click the green Submit button at the top right of the screen. Piece of cake Smile

Art at its best.