Epilogue > Art Forum > Community/Introduce Yourself! > Old user coming back to see wh...
Topic:

Old user coming back to see whats up...HI!!

[Last post]
17 posts / 0 new
everett1313's picture

Hello,
Im just starting to come back and see if this could be the same site where I used to go for critiques and redline help. I enjoyed giving people tips on painting techniques. If you are an old member, say HI...If you are new and plan on sticking around, say HI! I hope to see people participating in the forums, Ill try to also Wink

luthien's picture

Welcome back! I think we can get the site back to where it was, but it will take a little bit of work and just sticking with it until word spreads.

gjsx51's picture

I was a member of the old site, so am glad to find others! I too would love to see the site take off.

gjsx51's picture

Apologies for the double post. My browser acted like it was locked up. Guess it was storing up duplicates to embarrass me! Either way, glad to be part of the new incarnation!

veinglory's picture

I am still lurking around. But I am a bit confused. The new site is still very slow and I am not sure what happened to the mature themes brouhaha. The front page still show a lot of boob?

veinglory's picture

As witness: that post took about 30 seconds to load. I hate to think how long loading a picture must take?

Epilogue's picture
Quote:

I am still lurking around. But I am a bit confused. The new site is still very slow...

I'm working on the performance issues. What's happening is database requests are getting piled up. The more traffic we have (and bots) the greater the pileup. I'm getting ready to move to a new server and make some other performance fixes.

Quote:

...I am not sure what happened to the mature themes brouhaha. The front page still show a lot of boob?

Artistic nudity is now allowed (Submission Guidelines). We've implemented a system that obfuscates 'mature' images and requires login to view. From the My Account menu, under Edit Account > Edit Settings page, you can elect to show Mature-flagged images.

anitagleason's picture

Hello,

I'm also an old user and a lurker. I'm very happy to see Epilogue back and running. Although a lot of the art I was doing was not appropriate to the site (or quite frankly up to standards), I'm excited to have access to a professional community where I can hopefully improve my skills, and meet other individuals who love great art!

everett1313's picture

Nice to see everyone and some old faces as well! So now Im adding all my work back slowly but surely....I think I got 7 back in and 4 pending :-/ Smile

laurapelick's picture

Yea... I guess I'm back too. Used to go as shadowgirl, until they added the no nudity option (though that seems to be gone?)

I always did wonder if mature content meant man boobs as well as female boobs...

eschulz's picture

Hey everyone. I used to be quite active here ... a while ago now. You know how it goes, you livejournal for a while, then you find a new forum (for me that was here), then you get active on Facebook, and then you find another forum, after that its tumbr, or pintrest, or twitter, or lions and tigers and bears! Oh my!

There is just not enough hours in the day for all the places you have to keep up with. I do really like how the site re-design has evolved though so im going to try and visit this forum again. Its so much nicer that I dont need a seperate login for the forum. I remember forgeting my password so often ... anyhoo, its a new day!

If you want to follow me in other areas, I am pretty active on facebook (facebook.com/tempeststudiosart), and I have a sporatically updated blog (tempeststudios.blogspot.com). Im Tempesterika on DeviantArt, and I have a blog for a game im co-developing at sunsetoverlievnos.com.

Cheers!
p.s. My name is Erika. Smile
p.p.s. I go by Tempest Studios sometimes too.

Epilogue's picture
Quote:

... until they added the no nudity option (though that seems to be gone?)

Indeed. And welcome back!

flasher's picture

Site speed still leaves a lot to be desired but the new layout is pretty sweet. Haven't been here in over a year but the change is encouraging.

jhoneil's picture

Very old user here and just checking things out again. I just uploaded some recent artwork.

rita's picture

glad it will run faster soon Smile
it is no fun to wait...

touchdry's picture

Hi ... I'm a new user ... and I feel like I'm gatecrashing a reunion ... however, I hope to see and be seen ... some wild looking stuff on here. The only problem seems to be that everything takes ages to happen. abientot!

sirielle's picture

Hello everybody, I'm still here, too, though have no time to login often.

Art at its best.