I recently started exhibiting at conventions. I have been realizing that the patrons are not very interested in "fine art" but rather would have a smaller, simpler composition of something they recognize and like. Since I'm new to conventions, I wondered who has experience with sales of artwork at conventions. Any advice?
Here's what I think I learned...
- Keep the composition simple
- Use only enough fine detail to flesh out the image, dont make it too busy
- Make a "ready to go" product, like using simple precut matts and art bags
- Make your pricepoint more than resonable
- Bring a helper
- Selection, selection,selection