Topic:

my little frog dude

[Last post]
5 posts / 0 new
rouncer's picture

do you think this could get into epilogue? or does it need a background...
oh yeh, how do i embed images?
http://www.redbubble.com/people/bluckus/works/10670009-little-frog-dude

Edited by rouncer on 08/07/2013 - 18:53
eschulz's picture

My opinion would be that it looks unfinished. I am not sure how to critique the misty quality of the style, because you obviously intend for it to have that unfocused look. I do think it should have some focal point. There isnt any part of the figure of the frog that is drawing me in. My eyes dont know where to go. You might resolve this with a stronger light source, or a more detailed area.

I also think there is a disconnect from the subject and the background. It isnt grounded, if you know what I mean. It needs to look less like its floating in a black void.

I hope that helped. Smile
Cheers

rouncer's picture

thanks alot, i had a recent look at the epilogue gallery and i even say myself... no, im a little under par actually. so completely fair dinkum gotta put a bit more work into them.

veinglory's picture

IMHO you continue to have the same issues--not putting in the level of effort and refinement to make it look like a finished piece of art, something at the level a client would pay for.

rouncer's picture

too true. i actually more prefer speed art... i dont know what people want, never even asked, i just always did what i liked, and i guess thats not pro is it.

Art at its best.